There are two ways to book a sail with us:
A) Sail with others as part of a crew of 12, OR
B) charter the barge for your own party of 12.
Details of both options below……………..
A) Sail with others as part of a crew of 12. As an individual or small group you can join others to make up a crew of 12 on one of our Trust Sails. Often these are run over a weekend, you board on Friday evening and return on Sunday afternoon. There is a well equipped galley and food supplies are included for Sat and Sun.
Prices are £135 per person for a weekend sail. When a Barge Match (Race) is included in the trip there will be an additional cost of £25 per person. (Total £160 per person)
A 15% discount is available if your booking covers 4 or more trips, i.e. 4 weekend sails booked at the same time will cost £459 plus Match fee(s) if applicable.
Occasionally we will do one day sails and also longer trips up to six days. Prices for each trip are shown in the Sailing Programme, click on link below:
HOW TO BOOK for individuals or small groups
- First step, contact us to check availability by email email@example.com or call David on 07597 600860
- Second step, download a Booking Form here. Booking form Sailing 2018
- Third step, complete booking form and return to me by email or post, make payment by bank transfer or cheque as per instructions on form.
B) Charter the barge for your own party of 12. You can Charter a barge for yourself and family and friends up to a maximum of 12 people. Charter rates are £1600 for a weekend and from £745 per day midweek.
- This is great value at only £67.50 per person per day. (based on 12 sailing)
- Charter trips normally depart from either Maldon or Ipswich with occasional trips from the North Kent/Medway.
- Sailing from Ipswich will incur an additional fee of £40 for “Locking out” (charge per barge)
- To Charter a barge email firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates you wish to sail or call David on 07597 600860.
- The charter party booking is subject to the Trust’s Terms and Conditions. The T&Cs together with all the information about where and when to board the barge, notes on sailing safety and what to bring for the trip will be made available to the Charterer as part of the booking process.
Our Charter brochure contains lots of information about how we operate as well as charter rates, a copy is available from email@example.com
A list of all charter prices can be found using this link. Charges for barge hire 2018